- In early drafts of Philosopher’s Stone, members of the Slytherin house were known as “Slytherites”.
- By 2017, Slytherin is no longer the pure-blood bastion that it once was. However, its dark reputation still lingers
That Mafalda girl I tweeted a few minutes ago isn’t really a Weasley. She is a relative of Molly Weasley. Sorry for the confusion xx
- Some Slytherins were among the reinforcements brought by Slughorn during the Battle of Hogwarts
- Most of the known Occlumens and Legilimens come from Slytherin.
- Mafalda, a Weasley relative who didn’t make it into the book, was a Slytherin.
- Merlin, member of King Arthur’s court, advocate of Muggle rights, and the most famous wizard in history, was a Slytherin
- Blood purity is a factor in selecting Slytherins. Muggle-born Slytherins exist, but are very rare.
- Slytherin corresponds roughly with the element of water
- Slytherin is composed mostly of pure-blood students, due to its founder’s mistrust of Muggle-born witches and wizards.
- Slytherin is traditionally home to students who exhibit such traits as cunning, resourcefulness and ambition.
- Gryffindor means Golden Gift of the Lion.
- Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire
- The Gryffindor house emphasises the traits of courage as well as daring, nerve, and chivalry.
- Nymphadora Tonks is a Hufflepuff
- Newt Scamander (Famous magizoologist) & Eglantine Puffet (Inventor of the Self-Soaping Dishcloth) are also from Hufflepuff.
Hengist of Woodcroft (Founder of Hogsmeade), and Bridget Wenlock, who discovered the magical properties of number 7, are from Hufflepuff.
- Hufflepuff has produced the fewest number of dark wizards than any other house at Hogwarts.
- Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth.
- Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play
The inventor of Floo Powder (Ignatia Wildsmith), Lunascope (Perpetua Fancourt), and Love Potions (Laverne de Montmorency) are from Ravenclaw
- The eagle on Ravenclaw logo is a symbol for a broader vision and strength of mind and heart
- Ollivander, Quirinus Quirrell, Gilderoy Lockhart, and Moaning Myrtle are from Ravenclaw
- Ravenclaw House prizes learning, wisdom, and wit in its members.
Ravenclaw roughly corresponds with the element of air.